View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 08:42 PM   #46
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Nice work. My arms bend like that on sumo (one of my many problems with that way of pulling). I put it down to not enough arm tightness, lock those triceps tight. I also think it's to do with not using your upper back to pull the bar back. With sumo there is a tendency to lose the bar forwards at the knees as you are less stable. Tight upper back should keep it close. I'll leave you with this though, Jeremy Frey also has that problem a little in this video and it seems to get better as the weights get heavier:

Training 1 16 2013 - YouTube

DISCLAIMER: My sumo form sucks. Don't listen to me.
Thanks, LtL. I'm going to really focus on getting my triceps engaged and my upper back tight. I don't really notice it on my 220kg or 240kg attempts at the meet, so either it's entirely new, or, like you said, it gets better as the weight gets heavier.

Thanks for the Frey video.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote