Moderation is for cowards
Max Brawn
Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73 Points: 12,838, Level: 73
Activity: 27% Activity: 27% Activity: 27%

Training Exp: Started 5/2/11
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: PRs
Fav Supp: Steak
EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!EliteDreams is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Hey Ben,

A few things:

1) First, love your accent!

2) Second. Flexibility is definitely an issue for you, particularly ankle flexibility. The reason you can't sit down any more into it at the bottom is because your thighs have nowhere to go, the stiffness of the ankles stop the knees from tracking forward any more and that prevents you from sitting down deeper.

If you notice after that, you go up on your toes and you sit down just fine with your upper legs parallel. That is the effect of a slightly raised ankle for you, or more ankle flexibility.

So first solution is to really work on ankle flexibility but also to consider squatting in a heeled shoe.

3) Third. Knees need to be pushed out more. You have relatively long femurs, upperlegs. So to allow your torso to come down properly you need to push them out of the way. Just pushing them forward isn't enough, they need to be pushed out to allow your torso to slot down.

So those two things, increased ankle flexiblity or a heeled shoe and knees out should allow your torso to sit nicely in between your legs and make the squat deeper and generally more stable.

Good luck.
Many thanks!! My boots (which I weren't wearing in video) have about 1/4 inch heel. When I get another pair I will take that into consideration. Thanks again Fazc!

The gates of hell have been unlocked, headstones pushed aside!
EliteDreams is offline   Reply With Quote