MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked96 View Post
People get defensive when you talk about this subject and I dont understand why. Its just a question of training style. Why would people choose the one that only gives you the physical change?
I'll take a stab at this and say that when i first started lifting, I had NO intention of ever lifting heavy. I saw guys doing 400 lb squats and thought they were insane. Like jumping out of an airplane for the hell of it crazy. Why take a risk with a barbell in gym? Who cares about that?

I still was lifting to get the big guns and bulging muscles, mind you. I figured stay safe, take your time and look like a beast without any of the injuries.

I have since changed my mind on how much risk I am willing to take, but I do understand the fear of regularly jacking big weigghts. I still fear it. But, I like the feeling after succeeeding even more!

My guess is some guys haven't made that leap, or maybe just don't want to.

My .02

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote