View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #42
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Jan 16 dead 180x3 set 1 - YouTube

Jan 16 dead 180x3 set 4 - YouTube

Pardon the bewilderment on the first set. It literally felt so easy I thought I forgot to load the extra plate on. I guess that's a good thing?

Few things about tonight. The block pulls are DEFINITELY going to help me out, they were terrifyingly hard for 192.5kg lol

Also, we noticed that my right arm flexes a bit when I'm pulling. This hasn't happened before ever, and I don't want it to become a habit. I don't feel myself doing it. Does anyone have experience with this?
Nice work. My arms bend like that on sumo (one of my many problems with that way of pulling). I put it down to not enough arm tightness, lock those triceps tight. I also think it's to do with not using your upper back to pull the bar back. With sumo there is a tendency to lose the bar forwards at the knees as you are less stable. Tight upper back should keep it close. I'll leave you with this though, Jeremy Frey also has that problem a little in this video and it seems to get better as the weights get heavier:

http://youtu.be/MPURPJUCYdw

DISCLAIMER: My sumo form sucks. Don't listen to me.
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote