Thread: Opinions wanted
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #15
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by miked96 View Post
No problem at all with bodybuilding and wanting to look your best. I think we all do wether, we want to admit it or not. The arguments on many of the boards that I have read are wether you need to train heavy or actually be strong to gain significant muscle mass. I am just saying even if both sides are right. Why would you choose to only look the part? Why not have your cake and eat it too? Its obvious that you can.
I've interviewed and personally spoken to hundreds of pros. Never met a weak one yet.

I think the entire discussion of getting size without strength is a mute point. Many bodybuilders say they don't train for size, but then we hit the gym and they are just as strong as I am.

You can get ripped and have the appearance of size without much strength, and that is the way natural bodybuilding is moving, but that's not size.

Getting ripped with no muscle size isn't muscle building, it's food deprivation and not a sustainable lifestyle.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

Last edited by BendtheBar; 01-16-2013 at 06:00 PM.
BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote