Evil Member
Uber Brawn
Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19 Points: 1,228, Level: 19
Activity: 4% Activity: 4% Activity: 4%

Training Exp: 18 (13 powerlifting)
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: MHP
evilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributorevilinmotion is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by EliteDreams View Post
I guess I might be an anomally. Not a beginning lifter,but certainly no expert.

With regard to squatting down and picking something up,I generally never squat down for a dime,pen,whatever. I will get down on one knee.

Perhaps its a flexibility issue,or muscular weakness,core,quads,hams,who knows. Even as narrow as shoulder width,I either squat on my toes,or I don't hit parralel and end up leaning forward or falling on my butt. Wide stance low bar is best for me at this time,even though its opposite of what most raw guys do.

With that said,I am making it a point to work on narrow stance squats as an assistance.
I guess I am not the only one, I also get down on one knee if I am picking up something that's not heavy. But I agree with the building your squat up normal and then going wide if you choose to, its just more natural. I noticed that the double VS. Single ply issue came up but no one had commented on walking the weight VS monolift...Seems that the majority of wide squatters usually compete in Feds that use the Monolift, Yes there are a few that go wide on the regular stands but I don't think I have seen anyone going Chuck V. wide on the regular stands...
evilinmotion is offline   Reply With Quote