Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5kgLifter View Post
I keep meaning to ask, with the eye issues and the busrt blood vessels that you've had, is there any chance that lifting heavier and heavier may cause some problems later on, with possible burst blood vessels etc, as seen with many PLers?
Lifting in general has caused an issue with the blood vessells bursting, in the sense that the lifting spurred them to burst earlier than they would have likely burst on their own. The body doesn't do a very good job of rebuilding them and they are usually weak enough to burst on their own at some point.

The surgeons are fully aware of my lifting and that I compete and lift heavy when called for by my routine. They have not told me to lighten up or to change anything. Not sure how I will react if they ever do tho.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 295 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1310 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote