Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
Speaking in general, a more moderate stance is the way to go for most lifters. As I add gear my stance gets wider. Also the use of a monolift would be a factor. For conversation sake, as most people are going to be raw lifters, lets stick to that.

From my experience most raw lifters rely on some rebound created with speed and a more narrow stance. BTB hits on a big point of the more natural position. If you walked up to someone out in town and asked them to do a squat, they wouldnt make their feet outside their shoulders.
But they would also shoot their knees forward and lift their heals. Just playing devil's advocate.

Personally, I've always done everything wide when lifting. Always had a wide grip on bench and a wide stance on squats. It works for me, but the strongest raw lifters I've known have tended to be more narrow, which definitely goes along with what you guys are saying. I guess my point is that certain rules may work for most, but it won't be the case for everyone.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote