Thread: Just Train
View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 10:05 PM   #223
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

Is today your birthday? Saw it on IAs. If it is, Happy Birthday Fred!

You are right about your strength fading. I got away from doing anything really other than Snatch and C&J for 6 months. My strength held for a while then it tanked pretty bad at the end. Hindsight, I could have easily prevented it. I thought alot about it and hopefully this will help.

I dont think you need or is it realistic for you to be hitting three double sessions a week. Most strength workouts consist of one or maybe two exercises per session that are trained really heavy. Then its lighter bodybuilding support work. I would say what you do in the WOD covers the lighter volume part in spades. You are doing tons of pullups, dips, cleans, snatches. You just need some work at a higher percentage of your max to round things out.

I would just add one short session a week where you squat and bench heavy (Same session). Your already doing some type of pulling either Oly or deadlifting for the WOD so thats covered. If you feel the need, pull something heavy after a WOD when you feel frisky.

Last edited by miked96; 01-15-2013 at 10:07 PM.
miked96 is offline   Reply With Quote