View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 05:28 PM   #6287
LtL
SHFW
Max Brawn
Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100 Points: 36,892, Level: 100
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 5 years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlifts
Fav Supp: Endurance BCAA
LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!LtL is one with Crom!

Cube trial session - Deads

Foam rolling and band stretches

4" Block Pulls
70kgs for 2 sets of 5
110kgs x 3
150kgs x 1
Add belt
180kgs x 1 Wore belt higher, was almost sick
200kgs x 1 Belt back over belly button, more comfortable
210kgs x 1
220kgs x 1 Bit slow at the top
230kgs x 1 Pete had me sit back more, smooth and easy

Snatch grip deadlifts
Still off blocks
110kgs for 3 sets of 8 These are ridiculously hard.

DB Rows
52kgs for 3 sets of 10

DB Shrugs
52kgs for 2 sets of 20 Slow and controlled

Pulldown Abs
50reps @ 30kgs on cable machine, done in 2 sets

Wow! That was a lot of work. Deadlifts went ok. Didn't want to max out as was feeling a bit beaten up after Sunday so worked out what I would be pulling at the end of a cycle (95%) and just worked up to that. Pete suggested I sink my hips more and that helped a lot because it got my shoulders behind the bar and helped me pull smoothly to lockout. This will help as I move into the suit as well.

Assistance was a LOT of work but managed to finish quickly. Just about managed to complete the given sets and reps so am pleased with my weight picking. Thankfully Pete suggested to not use 150kgs for my first attempt at the snatch pulls. This was a GREAT call; that is a VERY difficult exercise

Overall I was pleased with the session and look forward to starting the Cube proper next week. Back in on Thursday for Cube bench in my shirt. Can't wait!
LtL is offline   Reply With Quote