Old 01-15-2013, 03:44 PM   #36
KD5NFW
13 in 15
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
That would be fine IF, and that is a big IF. You work down to that from a much higher rep range over the course of several weeks. Most powerlifters dont like to hear this, but I think at your current levels you need several weeks of sets in the 6-10 ranges to keep building a base of strength.

Keep in mind that there are tons of ways to get stronger, might take some time to find what is right for you.
So JB in your opinion doing the work sets that I outlined above along with say 3 AMAP sets in the 60-70% range for assistance work is "putting the cart before the horse"?

I ran the Reeves program for quite a while, and to be honest I hated the 8-12 rep range work! Can't say if it's my body that doesn't respond to that range or my mind is too lazy for that rep range haha!
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote