13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
Dude, I had the same problem. It got to a point where I couldn't really even get to depth by sitting back. Not real depth at least

I got the olympic shoes, starting sitting down, and now depth isn't an issue at all.

As for forward leaning, bar placement does play a huge role. I still squat with a relatively low bar (more "medium" not anything) and have a slight lean. You'll notice the guy in the video does have a lean. In my opinion, forward leans to that extent are fine in PL. However, high bar is great, has better carry over to olympic lifting, and in my opinion just looks better. Glad I could help a bit.

Another bit I might add for bringing your squat up. If you're going to switch to this style, focus on your front squat a little bit as well. What is your front squat number compared to back squat?
To be honest I have not front squatted in a while. Never maxed it either, but I would guess it is in the range of 60-65%.
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote