View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:56 PM   #30
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by elijah View Post
Awesome info! Thanks for taking the time to type it up. I've been practicing towards this exact type of squat technique over the last couple months and last night I ended my squatting two sets early because on the 3rd rep of the 3rd set (5x5 is goal) I felt under my knee cap tighten or slightly strain as my knees went forward over my feet. I had never felt this so I finished the last two reps of set cautiously and felt okay afterwards just a little tight under the kneecap. I feel so much better about it now and understand this can be normal! Seriously, thanks a ton for sharing your knowledge and experience!
No problem, man. Glad to help. A very good lifter recently had me make the switch over. He's writing an article about it now, so when it's published I'll be sure to share. Somewhere in the article he states that you need like 4400N to rupture your patella, and you don't get anywhere near that in a squat.

Focus on rolling my IT band has helped a bit. I'm a fan of being tight as possible (without hindering performance) as the tightness typically helps, but if the pain becomes too much, stretch your quads. Mobility work on your hips might help as well, but that's just a guess.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote