13 in 15
Max Brawn
Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73 Points: 12,466, Level: 73
Activity: 37% Activity: 37% Activity: 37%

Training Exp: 3
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: yes
Fav Supp: meat
KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!KD5NFW is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Byrd View Post
To save us both time, I will not beat around the bush. You have to squat, and often. A short explination of what I would do if training someone in your shoes is have them squat 2x per week. One day as a lighter squat paired with some back movements, the other as a full out squat day. The heavy day should be a ball buster to say the least.

Most guys when they tell you to squat multiple times a week, they are not talking about near death experiences.....I AM!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
I don't like training that way to be honest. You are forcing a certain progression instead of letting it come to you.

I prefer novices and intermediates do a lot of AMAP sets, only to the point where their form stays good - and progressing when they can based on current set performance.

My squat went from Bar to 365 for a triple in 18 months when I was 18. I let progression naturally do it's work instead of limiting it.
So hitting it hard on squat day along with some AMAP sets for assistance, then AMAP squatting as assistance on deadlift day sound like a plan of attack guys?
KD5NFW is online now   Reply With Quote