View Single Post
Old 01-15-2013, 02:00 PM   #16
Paradox
Max Brawn
Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42 Points: 4,404, Level: 42
Activity: 6% Activity: 6% Activity: 6%

Training Exp: July 2011 (competition)
Training Type: Sheiko
Paradox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beastParadox is a lifting beast

I've found the biggest increase in my squats have come from training Sheiko-style. Now, you don't have to follow Sheiko programs, but the ideas and philosophies are a must (personally).

Follow Prilipen's chart, squat two-three times a week (increase this as you get more experienced). You'll be doing a ton of sets (3-6), with relatively low rep numbers (between 1-5 reps per set). Percentages of your 1RM will range from 70-90%. This way you get a ton of practice in a non-fatigued state, really perfecting your technique. Additionally, all that volume really builds your overall work capacity.

From what I've seen so far on the forums, a lot of people seem to be very American style of training oriented, and with that comes technique? I've found that switching my technique from flat shoe/sitting back to olympic shoe/sitting down, my raw squat has skyrocketed.

My overall aim is to transition off of Sheiko numbered programs and design my own cycles in the same philosophy. I'd also like to move into squatting 4 times per week overall. This will take a great deal of knowledge on how to manage volumes on a daily weekly and monthly level.

Last edited by Paradox; 01-15-2013 at 02:04 PM.
Paradox is offline   Reply With Quote