Max Brawn
Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74 Points: 13,158, Level: 74
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Yeti Sports 1 Long Ass Shot Champion!
Training Exp: not enough
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: All of 'em
Fav Supp: Milk shake
jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!jdmalm123 is one with Crom!
Default Just a note to self about supplements...

Over the years, I have taken vitamins on and off. While they never hurt me, I can't say they did anything for me either.

Only two times did I had a noticeable effect from vitamins...regular dosing of ZMA, B-complex and Chromium. I think it was mostly the Chromium, but I was always hot and felt amped up (more unsettling than useful). The other time was Glucosamine/Chondroiton. I had a creaky knee and after a month of G/C, it went away. However, that's the same time as any natural minor body repair would take, so it could be coincidental.

This doesn't mean that they don't work, but I think effects are minimal if you are eating a range of foods with decent nutritional value. When was the last time you had any significant quantity of oranges...if it was a while and you don't have scurvy, you get my drift.

That said, I am finishing off what vitamins I have left over during my current routine. It should take 45-60 total days to use them up. After that, I don't plan to take anything other than vitamin C as needed.

I do like the gummy vitamins, but that's more because they are like gummy bears than vitamins.

Also, dark beer, chocolate and bacon have vitamins!

Current vitamins I am taking daily until they run out:
Vitamin B (2)
Vitamin C (2)
Vitamin E (2)
L-Arginine (2)
Gluco/Chond (4)
Fenugreek (4)
Magnesium (1)
Fish Oil (1 sp) I keep forgetting the fish oil!

Last edited by jdmalm123; 01-15-2013 at 07:40 PM.
jdmalm123 is offline   Reply With Quote