Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I don't think it matters a great deal, to be fair.

I used to get a good kick out of training around guys who were bigger than me and lifting more than them or just being around good lifters and trying to feed off the energy. That played well with my insecurities when I was younger, like most young guys you're finding your way in the world, finding yourself as it were and these little mental games are fun but really they were just a reflection of my own insecurities. Now, that's not a bad thing in my opinion. Insecurities when channelled correctly can be immensely powerful as a motivator, but it did lead to some reckless lifting and unnecessarily charged sessions.

But my training is much more internalised these days. Much of my focus is inward, my form is tighter as a result, my focus is crystal clear and my aggression is controlled and explosive. That matches much more closely who I am, I don't have the insecurities of my youth any more and as a result I'm less volatile and I'm far less effected by my surroundings.

NB. Not saying any of this applies to anyone else. I'm sure everyone else was a perfectly balanced young man/woman as they came out of the womb. I was not.

So I guess it would depend on your personality, for want of a better word.

Last edited by Fazc; 01-12-2013 at 06:06 PM.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote