The Gristle Eating Giant
Max Brawn
Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80 Points: 15,492, Level: 80
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%

Training Exp: 2
Training Type: Strongman
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Rare Steak
bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!bruteforce is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
I salute you for standing up for all deadlifters. That gym should go hang their head in shame. LtL had a similiar experience at a gym he had a day pass in over christmas while visiting someone.
Thanks Jim. Had another conversation, this time with the owners today. I'll give details after the break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
495 smoke show. Screw Gold's and go get 600.
THanks BtB. 600 this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Nice, packed up your toys and played somewhere else. Awesome. I think 600 is a given and pretty damn soon.

I see with the Brute press being assistance. I assumed it was a strongman type thing you were doing. How about this, every third week or so, do the Brute press first, then bench? Once you've grooved bigger weights doing them after benching might still keep them inching up. Then another bump on the next third week, etc. Or flip it with OHP on OHP days instead. Just a thought.

Just tell me to shut up if you're sick of my thoughts! I'm like Columbo. "Eh, just one more thing....). I can't help it sometimes.
Haha, no worries Mike, keep the ideas coming. It is a strongman thing, but until I can press 225 overhead for reps, specialized training is more just to have fun than anything else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KD5NFW View Post
Wow BF that is a pretty epic dead session, not once but twice?!!!!! Completely impressed with the way you handled the situation without killing someone, and still getting your work done
Thanks KD! People have no idea how lucky they are that I'm such a nice guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravimolasaria View Post
When was the last time you got tired ... must be some 50-60 years ago ... this is amazing working BF ... you not only need physical strength but needs to be mentally tough also keep crushing the wts ...
Thanks Ravi! The crushing will continue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great work big bad Brute! Wow! Strong work, leave, more strong work! Someone must be eatin lots of BACON!!!
Thanks Hunter! Fueled by bacon!

Pretty good session today.

Clean bar into place, then OHP for reps
Bar x 10
95 x 5
115 x 3
130 x 8
130 x 6
130 x 5
130 x 4 - only 23 reps, but I hope to get 30 within 2 more weeks

BB Row
135 x 3