BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Just my take....
I think the back squat is a superior overall lower body muscle and strength developer when compared to front squats.
While I believe the front squat is great for the quads and core, it doesn't engage the hams and hips like the back squat does. And of course the back squat also hits the quads and core.
So, to sum my opinion up, I would say back squats are a very benefical movement that you should take the time and effort to learn how to properly do. They have what I would consider increased overall lower body benefit over front squats.
Having said all that, I think front squats are a great movement. I personally find them more natural than back squats. And besides the obvious quad benefit, I find this them to be one of if not the best abdominal exercise that I have ever done.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote