Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

Thanks for the PM

To try and clarify this; the reason I gave Ricardo, Grimek and Schwarzenegger as examples is to show you a visual of what a muscular 26-30 actually looks like on a person in shape. And that is the key point I'm making, a muscular 26-30 is hard to achieve. A fat 26-30 is not hard to achieve. Going off the numbers you've posted I would posit that here:

Quote:
The Height you entered is 5 feet, 11.75 inches. The Weight you entered is 194 pounds. Your Calculated BMI is: 26.5
I highly doubt your actual bodyfat was 15%. If you went on a diet and lost 5% of pure fat you would be a very lean 8-10% bodyfat and 184lbs. This would sit you at 25 BMI which is almost the same condition as Ricardo and that is where I draw issue. There is no chance in hell that you would be 8-10% bodyfat at 184lbs, admittedly matching one of the best drug-free bodybuilders currently alive, after admittedly only training a brief period.

So do you see? My point isn't that BMI is ok, my point is that to get a high BMI and still be muscular and in-shape you would need to be in the same type of condition and carry the same level of muscle mass as Ricardo or Grimek. That paints a huge question mark for me.

I think that's where we're getting mixed up. I don't agree with BMI as it stands, however I don't think we should go off in the other direction and use it to justify what is quite obviously just higher bodyfat levels.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote