Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

No, you really aren't. But since you have used yourself as an example, let's run with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdmalm123 View Post
After only 3-4 months of real PL style lifting it was 28-30. If I had stuck with it and added another 5-10 lbs of muscle, my BMI would have been 30+. According to BMI, that's overweight/borderline obese and I was anything but.
I'm just going to put a visual on JD's comments here and perhaps that will put into context these numbers that are being bandied around.

The picture below is Phil Ricardo, natural bodybuilder and at the peak of his bodybuilding potential. 5 foot 9 inches and 180lbs, which is BMI 26.6 here:

He could easily add 20lbs of pure fat and still look huge and muscular, 5 foot 9 inches and 200lbs would place him at BMI 29.5.

Now JD is proposing that after only 3-4 months he was at equal BMI to Ricardo and 'anything but fat'. And extrapolates from this, had he stuck it out he would have far surpassed a BMI of 30 and still not fat.

You're in denial.

I await any number of possible responses. However since you have dug yourself in this deep I'm thinking you'll either A) opt to carry on the example and invent some more numbers, or B) you'll just resort to calling me a dick for this reality check. Or even possible mystery answer C. Looking forward to seeing which way you go with this, JD!
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote