MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks Jim. Yeah bench is finicky sometimes.

Thanks KD, that's why I still feel good even with the miss. I felt very confident and strong under the bar, it was just one of those days I think.

Thanks Elite, BtB. 325 will be awesome, but honestly, my goal is to be right around 350 by the end of the year. I stay healthy and consistent I think it's doable.

Thanks JB, yeah a liftoff would really help. Next meet I do is close to here so I'm going to look for some guys who might want to get a group together.

Thanks Markie, PRs just for you and JB. Squats crushed today!

JBPP week 5

warmups: Just a lot of hip and leg mobility and stretching stuff. A couple brief rounds of jump roping.

Squat:
4x 275
3x 4x 300 (PR! prev. was 3 reps for one set. awesome!)

Narrow Stance Pause Squat:
4x 6x 185 ( first set was 7, lost count)

GMs:
3x 6x 135
Just a little extra work and checking to see if I'm doing them better.

Hip, leg, and back stretches

First set of 300:
Second set, taped this one as second set was best one yesterday and I didn't tape it. Yep, I think this one was best today too evn though I rushed the set up and really wasn't totally comfortable under the bar.
Third set, of course I get no respect from my daughter at the end! :
Pause Squat:
GM:

Felt great today! Probably going right into auxillary bench tomorrow and Deadlifts Friday. That way I'll be back on track for next week. I like my mon, tues, Thurs, Fri schedule, so I'm just going to make that work from here on out.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote