Thread: Mikes log
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 01:20 PM   #902
miked96
Max Brawn
Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75 Points: 13,418, Level: 75
Activity: 12% Activity: 12% Activity: 12%

miked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master membermiked96 is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
Very interesting and I think very worthwhile approach. I have never thought of doing paused benching all the time. I once received advice to not do paused all the time. However, I think your bang on with the no surprises at meets. I have been surprised at both my meets on bench. Looks like your approach may be a route for me to take. With that said, one of my problems at my last meet was my tremors. The rear judge red lighted me because he said the bar sunk into my chest after pausing. I blame my tremors for that. Perhaps more or all puased benching would help me with that.
Its worth a try. Just so you know its just not my opinion, I have talked to JM Blakely a few times over email and he really advocates pause work also. He feels that it really brings up explosive work and recruits all muscle fibers. To me it just makes sense. If your judged on it then it makes sense to practice it. Throw in a lockout exercise and your covered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunterace View Post
Great workout Mike! Way strong!!!
Thanks!
miked96 is offline   Reply With Quote