View Single Post
Old 02-23-2010, 08:28 PM   #4
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Extreme Mini Golf Champion!Tournaments Won: 6

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwood View Post
I did this program a while ago, it was pretty good. But the hypertrophy workouts were way too long and too much isolation work for me. Just not my style, but it is a nice balanced program. I believe my first post ever on a forum was me throwing this up at ipyu.com and it basically got torn apart. I still did it with some pretty good success.

This was also my start into becoming a powerlifter.
I find it hard to hit certain muscle groups twice a week. I know a lot of guys try to copy this routine, but I think I would do a heavy hypertrophy-slanted Westside before this. I also don't care for cramming al hypertrophy work into 3 days.

Anyway, it's a good program to analyze, but not the best for most lifters. if someone's going to go for size and strength as an intermediate, I would rather see them alternate heavy and hypertrophy weeks.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote