View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 11:03 AM   #7
BigJosh
Max Brawn

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

A few years back, It would have been early '09 before I had surgery on my abdomen and was out of the weights for a year, I went to the doctor. At the time I was a much leaner man and was what I would consider pretty "buff". I was weighing less than 260 and was muscular.
Anyway, the doctor I went to had the nerve to use the BMI to tell me I was obese. I told him bull stuff, your calculation is flawed. He basically said "no it's not". I proceeded to explain to him, to his shock, that until he does his job and calculates my bf% he can't sit here and tell me I am obese because I am a weightlifter and he is not accounting for the added lean mass on my body.
He grumbled a bit but in not so many words told me to face it I'm obese.
I then proceeded to stand up, pull of my shirt and go do I look fucking obese to you?
He said no and quickly changed the subject.
True story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
We are owned, bought and paid for.
Straw man theory.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote