Old 01-07-2013, 11:57 AM   #1133
JTurner
Max Brawn
Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59 Points: 7,933, Level: 59
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

Training Exp: 2+ Years
Fav Exercise: BTNPP
Fav Supp: Beef
JTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beastJTurner is a lifting beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtL View Post
Nice work in here. I think you would do well to get your shoulders back behind the bar at the start of your sumo pulls. If you don't, you will stick when the bar hits your thighs like I do. Have a read of Faz's description in my log. You won't be able to pull yourself in quite as hard and you won't get that same pop without the suit but it's the same idea: start with your shoulders in a position that you want them to finish in.
Cheers LtL, still getting my head round sumo setup so thanks for that. And if I ever need an excuse to buy a deadlift suit this is it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_swede View Post
Good session man, strong all over!
Thanks swede, getting up to speed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Strong and consistent reps.
Thanks BtB.

07/01/13 - Squat & Bench

Squat Low bar, oly shoes
100kg x 6 @7
120kg x 6 @8

130kg x 6 @8.5

Incline Bench
60kg x 8 @7

70kg x 8 @8
70kg x 8 @8
70kg x 8 @8.5

BB Curls/Rear Delt Flys
30kg/6kg's x 20/22, 12/20, 12/20

Not bad. I'm trying to approach my 140kg x 10 belted PB with my beltless, heels raised squat. Inside left knee is a little tender from the front squats a week ago but nothing serious, no pain during squats with strict knees out.

I suck at inclines. Really have to focus on keeping my upper back tight and not letting my right shoulder slip forward.

Hardly any of my t-shirts fit anymore, they're all like crop tops.

1.5kg of ribs in the slow cooker with a maple syrup glaze, 1.5hrs and counting .