View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 08:35 AM   #181
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazc View Post
Three things which immediately pop out:

1) On the way down you're leaning into your right hand side. This is why I requested a vid from the front, each of those reps you can visibly see veers off to the right and then as you come back up you correct that. You need to concentrate on descending centrally, or even slightly to the left and do that until it looks better. .
Yeah , I noticed this , but only after I viewed the videos back.
Looking back at some old videos I can see it in there too – only not as obvious, perhaps I have “developed” this into my squat form over the last year. Time to undevelop it now!

Quote:
2) From the side view, each of the final reps shows a clear inclination to come up on your toes. Now, I don't necessarily agree with Bev/Soldier's viewpoint that you should start with your butt back. I think that will limit your depth and is more of a geared thing. I think you should carry on breaking at the knee, but if you're going to do that you MUST concentrate on pushing up from the bottom with your heels.

What might help you here is a slight raised heel. This will allow your knee to track forward more freely and might help you to sit back more. Possibly. .
Interesting point here that you aren’t the only person to have said the point about breaking at the knee to me….
I only recently picked up a pair of adidas power perfect IIs . Will have to work on getting the weight onto the heals a lot more now.

Quote:
3) As MikeM said your knees can track forward and out. At the moment you're buckling somewhat and this could possibly be caused by knees not being pushed outwards. Push them out strongly and this should allow your hips to come inline with your torso and prevent you from tipping forward.

If you can't push your knees out, then take your stance IN a little. This will allow you more room to move your knees out as you need to on the descent.
Yeah the knees buckling is pretty bad, and I can see it clearer now.
Thanks again for your help here Fazc , I hope I can be as helpful to you in some way in the future..

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links