View Single Post
Old 01-07-2013, 03:31 AM   #179
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeM View Post
Your knees are not out over your toes at the bottom of the lift. Use your butt to force your knees out wider. When your knee comes inward, it creates a sheer force on the inside of your knee, especially your left one which is the worst offender of the two. It's one thing to shimmy a knee once in a while on a big effort, but to do it consistently builds up wear and tear in one area and weakens it.

Also, you get forward on your toes more than you should. If you're going to squat high bar, your back needs to be more upright. As it is now, when the weight gets forward on you, you chase it to get back under it which also puts stress on the knees.

Just my .02
Thanks Mike, this makes sense as to why I hurt the inside of my knee in December so.
Appreciate you help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beverly McD View Post
Start with your break-out.
Right now, you're breaking with your knees slightly in front of the bar, and using your quad musces to break the weight up.
It sets you up to squat too much on your toes, which puts a ton of strain on the knees.

Instead, set your feet slightly wider, knees under the bar, butt slightly behind it. With your center gravity located on your heels and the outsides of your feet, flex your butt and hamstrings hard to break the weight.

This helps bring the butt and hams into play more. Bigger, stronger muscle groups to help you move the weight and to take some stress off of the knees.
Many thanks for your help Beverly , lots for me to work on here.
Appreciate you taking a look and letting me know your thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soldier View Post
knees out, butt back. A simple thought that I use to do all the stuff the last 2 posts talk about. Make your knees track out the same direction your feet face. Should clean things up.
Roger that soldier

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote