Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite memberSoldier is an elite member

I agree that in most cases any issues with a movement like the dip should be addressed. A combination of mobility training along with strength training through alternative movements should take care of any pain and make the dip a viable movement for most people. I had huge shoulder issues when I was young, from playing offensive line in high school. My shoulders would dislocate then pop back in very quickly, causing me a lot of pain. I can do dips today like a champ, with no pain at all.

That being said, I also think that dips are one of a group of movements that could be a bad idea for certain people. If you find that a combination of development of muscular strength, mobility training over an extended period of time, and focus on form doesn't help with the pain, stick to alternative movements. It's not that big of a loss.
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote