View Single Post
Old 01-04-2013, 06:12 AM   #1186
markievicz
Max Brawn
Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74 Points: 12,998, Level: 74
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%

Training Exp: 2.5yrs
Fav Exercise: OHP
markievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master membermarkievicz is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTurner View Post

Thought I'd answer here to make it easier for you to find.

I've only just gotten back into squatting with the oly shoes, all my best lifts are in flat bottom wrestling boots. I stopped using them as with heavier weight I found myself getting forward with my knees coming forward/in and weight on my toes which started to wear on my knees.

Since then I've changed quite a lot about my squat and with the injury limiting numbers anyway I thought I'd give them another run. So far, I really like squatting in them, they just take some adjustment. Form feels solid this time, relatively upright back, especially for low bar and knees out comfortably. I'm interested to see if I still feel the same when I get back up to 1-3RM range.

So, to sum up that rambling, I think they are a benefit but I'll confirm in about 4-6 months .
JT, thanks a million for taking the time to answer this.
I asked because I recently switched over to these shoes and after I hurt my knee I did wonder if the switch contributed in some small way to it.
I found on the day I hurt my knee that I noticed my knees coming in and my weight shifting forward to my toes as I was doing sets of 3RM.
Interesting that you found the same thing happening to you,
Looks like ill have to be watching this like a hawk for the next while.

I think ill stick with them for another while and see how things pan out too.

Thanks again.

Twitter: @markievicz5
YouTube: Markievicz5
markievicz is online now   Reply With Quote