Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member
Default Torn between goals

I find myself in an interesting position. A short while ago I had struck a good balance between different facets of physical training. I was a good runner and could handle myself well with good mobility, especially considering my body size, and I was also strong with good numbers on my lifts, totalling over 1000lb on the big 3. Unfortunately, I was also stagnant. I had reached my limits, and found myself frustrated with my lack of progress.

I decided to go on a bulk, overeating with the goal of developing muscle and getting my lifts up, while not worrying about my cardio. The results have been mixed so far. I've gained really good size in my legs. It's actually the first time I've ever gotten any appreciable results in the size of my quads. I'm sure I'm also having the same results in my back, and my deadlift feels great too.

BUT, I'm also gaining size in my gut. I've always had a large midsection, and gain fat easily. I gain it so easily that I'm worried that I'll gain so much fat that I'll have to cut really hard to lose it again, negating all of my gains in the process.

I'm wondering if anyone else has dealt with issues like these, and if so, how have you dealt with them?
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links