MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

That is thought provoking Fazc. Not sure I agree, but certainly something to think about.

For one thing, most people have imbalances before they ever even start lifting, and those need to be addressed, often with prehab stuff.

Also few people are pristine in their movements in real life and so come into lifting with baggage. Bad back from slouching, jacked up shoulder from throwing a football, bad knees from chasing your kids around the supermarket, whatever.

Even with perfect form, they will have issues that need to be addressed outside doing the lift itself correctly.

As for Mr. Big's point. I think Miked has a fairly valid point. You keep playing around with max weights and you are very likely to do yourself a mischief over time no matter how careful you are. I suppose you could always stay within yourself and never really go to the edge, but I don't believe Miked is addressing those type of lifters.

So, Mr. Big, the ball is in your court. If all you want is a helathy and fit lifestyle as your signature suggests, then you should be fine going forward.

If you want to see what the maximum you are capable of doing is, then you are probably dancing with the devil long term.

On another note, you could be totally safe with your lifting and get hit by a bus, or lift heavy and have a bad back when you're old. Anything is possible.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote