Fazc
Max Brawn
Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77 Points: 14,403, Level: 77
Activity: 36% Activity: 36% Activity: 36%

Training Exp: 12+ years
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Bench Press
Fav Supp: Chicken
Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!Fazc is one with Crom!

I've lifted 500-600+ in various exercises for over a decade. I feel fine.

Just my opinion but form is the big killer here. Most injuries are not freak accidents which occur overnight, most are cumulative things which wear away over the years. Let's take the knee for example, you could stand there bending and straightening your knee all day without a problem, it's not the action of using the joint that's a problem. It's when you add weight and the muscles aren't able to cope with moving over the range or tracking the joint in the correct way that you have problems.

Take all the effort people put into prehab, foam rolling and all that bullshit and put it into practice on the big lifts and you would solve a lot of problems. Controversial perhaps, but I think prehab and all that stuff is bollocks, why not prevent issues in the first place. But no people would rather do prehab all week, every day to try and heal the problems they cause while exercising incorrectly and then only spend 20 minutes during the week actually practising that particular exercise. Madness.
Fazc is offline   Reply With Quote