MikeM
Max Brawn
Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74 Points: 12,864, Level: 74
Activity: 13% Activity: 13% Activity: 13%

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Yeah, they are a bit different JB. Kind of felt more like a skullcrusher than a press. And they start easy, but get real hard after 10 or so. Your arms just turn to lead. That and the curls and my arms were pumped like balloons!

Thanks fellas, I'm getting there.

Tough one today. I feel good, but was rushed and distracted as my son has pneumonia. He's on antibiotics and will be fine, but no one is sleeping well or very much and I hate seeing him miserable.

Still, got all the work done, just had to grind out the last few reps.

JBPP week 4

warmups: 2x 1 min Jump Rope, hip and leg stuff, glute activators (Poundstone idea, they're like a dog peeing so I feel silly, but I'm telling you they really work)

Squats:
6x 225
3x 6x 275

Wide Stance:
4x 8x 185 (these were easier than last time)

Bulgarian Split Squats:
4x 10x 20 (holding 2-10 pound plates, my legs were PUMPED at the end of these!)

Core:
Plank 2 sets, 1 min, then 50 sec.

Stretched legs and back and rolled out.

Going right into Bench accessory tomorrow and deadlifts on Saturday.

For the deadlifts, I'm not going to max out though. I'm planning on a 365 single at most. I want to make sure I hit that last rep, whatever it is. I'll go on how I feel, but for certain I won't miss the last rep.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote