View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 10:37 PM   #16
Disciple X
Max Brawn
Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50 Points: 6,017, Level: 50
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%

Training Type: Powerlifting
Disciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machineDisciple X is a lifting machine

The super wide grip is used by a lot of people who have terrible shoulder mobility. And usually they have a large "shelf" for the bar to rest. They grab at the collars because thats as far in as they can. (Also because of using multiply gear with tight straps) Not everybody, some people grab wide just becaise they see the big guys doing it or its more comfortable. The general consesnus is to grab as close as you comfortably can. generally the closer in you bring your hands the tighter the upper back will be.

I have thight shoulders and do band shoulder "dislocations" or whatever you want to call them. I also free style with the band working it in all kinds of directions to get blood pumping and stuff loosened up. I also do pull aparts.

Last edited by Disciple X; 01-02-2013 at 10:41 PM.
Disciple X is offline   Reply With Quote