View Single Post
Old 01-02-2013, 03:58 PM   #233
MikeM
Max Brawn

Training Exp: in 3rd year
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Food
MikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite memberMikeM is an elite member

Thanks Markie! Good to see you're back in business too.

Thanks Jim. Good idea about the accessory work, but I'm going to re-do that too. Once I get going, I just want to keep going! It's getting started that is the hard part sometimes.

Thanks swede, BtB, and Ravi! Big stuff coming this year. Going to squat 405 and bench 335, god willing, a decent deadlift too. We'll see. Gotta stay healthy and consistent, that's the key really.

And speaking of healthy, I haven't felt this good in quite a while! No balky shoulder stuff, no hip flexor foolishness, no low back crankiness, no jammed wrists, nothing. Wow, didn't realize how beat up I was getting.

Anyway, back in business today. Picked up right where I left off. No real trouble which is nice.

JBPP week 4 redoux

warmups: Lacrosse ball to shoulder blades, Rowing 2x 1 min, Assisted pullups 3x 3 (lightest band, not much help really, need to bump that a bit), Int and ext rotations, plate rotations, band work and wooden bar stuff for shoulders
Mixed KB Push throws and shot puts: 3x 8x 20

Bench:
6x 205
3x 6x 225 (last one was dodgy as butt came up a bit, but it was never in doubt and I stayed tighter through the sets much better than last time)

OHP to chin:
4x 15x 90 (last set was 12, rack for a sec, and then 4 more)

Swiss Ball Crunch:
3x 20x BW

Lat Pulldowns:
2x 12x 150

Hammers:
2x 10x 33, each arm

Got called away, so cut off there. Finished with some stretching chest, tricep, biceps and shoulders a bit later.

Good day.

Best meet lifts: Sq 150 Kg (330 lb), Bench 120 Kg (264), DL 160 (352) @89 Kg (197)
Best gym lifts: Sq 375, Bench 280 (pause), DL 385 @205 or less
Goals: 3/4/5
Goals beyond my wildest dreams, 600 Kg raw total, 200/160/240

Hack away at anything which isn't essential. Do what you love, and do it often. Fazc.

Everything competes for recovery so more assistance is not always the best idea. miked96
MikeM is offline   Reply With Quote