Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

Ugh. Vacation was going well, and the family was enjoying time with the baby, then I caught some sort of stomach bug that messed me up. Two nights ago I spent all night getting up; let's just say that whatever my body wasn't happy with, it made every attempt to get rid of it. So...the last 2 days I've been able to eat, but my digestion is still messed up and I really have no interest in eating at all.

I've still managed to train. Deadlift yesterday, but I did speed work instead of max effort. I suppose it's self explanatory, but I focussed on keeping things tight and good form. Neutral spine, shoulders back and down, and shoving my heals through the ground instead of lifting the bar. And of course, all as fast and explosively as possible.

Dead lift-
135x5
185x5
225x5
275x3
295x3
295x3
295x3
295x3
295x3

Considering how crappy I feel/felt, this was a good session.

Last night was our last night in the B&B, then today after taking my parents to the airport my wife and I both got to hit the weights. First up was my wife.

Squat-
45x5
55x5
65x5
75x5
85x3
95x2
95x2

Originally she was only going to do one set of 95 for one rep. I'm still trying to convince her that warm up sets don't count as part of her workout. She'll get it eventually. It would be easier to convince her if working sets weren't so "hard". Women are weird.

Then it was my turn.

I did a modified floor press by putting a board across my bench. You have to do what you can when you don't have access to a full gym. It worked out...ok.

Floor press-
135x5
185x5
225x3
255x3
275x3
275x3
275x3
275x3
275x3

Bench press-
225x5
225x5
225x5

Another good session, in spite of the fact that my insides are still pretty pissed off at me. I hate how life goes sometimes. Here I am, in the middle of a bulk, with my parents in town which means I can basically eat whatever I want, and I get a stomach bug that leaves me completely uninterested in food.

I feel drained and unmotivated. Luckily, I'm able to push through and at least go through the motions. I'll snap out of this soon and be back on my way to big numbers.

I need more tricep work, which is the reason behind the floor presses. I've always been chest dominant. My presses are wide and my triceps are the first to go when I do pushups. Hopefully some good partial presses will do the trick.

Last edited by Soldier; 12-31-2012 at 06:59 PM.
Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links