The Badass
Max Brawn
Points: 6,121, Level: 50 Points: 6,121, Level: 50 Points: 6,121, Level: 50
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: since 2006
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: EGGS & BACON
The Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributor
Default Meet & Greet

So yesterday (last night) I went to the guy's house (just some random dude) that I found locally that's into powerlifting according to two different websites.

While in today's day and age going to some ramdom house of some random dude can be a bit dicey....It's generally worked in my favor in the past. (Yes I have done this type of thing before)

The site was the basement/garage of the home. Half of it was a family room then a wall then the 'gym.' The space is prety cramped but it looked to have the main (bare) essentials for powerlifting. there was a wall with medals and trophies, didn't look closely at them but from a distance they seemed not only genuine but of high placing on meets. The trophies were not only his but some were of his wife....there may have been others as well.

The guy is an uber-nerd. He's big into comics and even some cos-play. He's had his pic with the Ulitmate Man, Stan (F-ing) Lee!

Not all of 'his crew' were there, but from what I could tell there may have only been 2-3 MIA. There were still 6 lifters, 2 male 4 female and it seemed much like a family affiar....LITTERALLY.

They ages went from the 50s-60s down to the 20s? One of the elders, female, just had a hip replacement and is just getting BACK into squatting.

That's what they did last night....seemed almost foretoled that I should have been there (or be traing with them) since squatting is my worst event.

Their split is:
Sunday: Squat
Monday: Bench
Wednesday: Deadlift (I think)
Thursday: Supporting Exercise routine

One awkward, yet confidence booster, was that they were already complimenting on my legs size/shape and the the main guy I was their to see said I would have no problem going into nationals. I haven't even considered competing yet.....

Something insdie me tells me to start trianing with them. It will have to wait until Sunday January 13, 2012 due to other weekend obligations.
The Badass is offline   Reply With Quote