View Single Post
Old 12-29-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!
Default Low Carb Desserts

Low Carb Brownies
Makes about 48 (or less if you are greedy like me )

1 cup ground almonds, well sifted (most supermarkets do ground almonds)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1-3/4 cups Splenda or granulated Maltitol etc
1 cup unsalted butter
4 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate (or good quality dark choc), chopped
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
4 extra large eggs, beaten
1 cup chopped pecans

Preheat oven to 350 F. Butter a 9" x 13" cake pan. Stir together almonds, baking powder, salt and Splenda; set aside. In a microwave bowl, on high, melt the butter and the chocolate, stirring frequently. Add the Splenda, the beaten eggs and vanilla; beat until well blended. Stir in the dry mixture, mix well, then stir in the pecans. Pour into the prepared pan, spread evenly. Bake for about 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Check at 15 minutes. Do not overbake. Cool on wire rack, cut into 48 squares.

Note: 1.8 net carbs per square

Quote:
Now before I made them, I thought they're going to taste LIKE a substitute, I love being primal but there are some things I miss. But I kid you not, these are the same, if not better ( especially the preecooked melted mix, gosh!) than normal brownies. I've had 4 squares and decided to stop now. If you've not yet made brownies yet, try them! They are absolutely astonishingly delish.

The consistency is pretty much the same, very light feeling, no stodgyness. Impressed!
Attached Images

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links