The Badass
Max Brawn
Points: 6,121, Level: 50 Points: 6,121, Level: 50 Points: 6,121, Level: 50
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%

Training Exp: since 2006
Training Type: Other
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: EGGS & BACON
The Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributorThe Badass is a dedicated contributor
Default Convo with local PL Assoc. dude

Last night I got a hold of a Local group of lifters. Here's what I found out thus far.

Conversation started Friday
10:11pm
Carl Bennett

Hi ya Mark. This is the same Carl that tried calling you earlier today. Sorry we've been playing phone tag. LOL

10:12pm
Mark Daniel

No problem. Just seeing when you want to come by.

10:14pm
Carl Bennett

Well I don't want to intrude much, but would Sunday work? Since you all train that day I figured a quick stop by to check it out and the meet the crew, etc.

10:15pm
Mark Daniel

Yup: any time after 6:15 pm.

10:15pm
Carl Bennett

address?

didn't see one on the website.

10:16pm
Mark Daniel

xxxx xxxxxxxx avenue, columbia. 21046

10:17pm
Carl Bennett

Got it. I might have buddy from work with me if that's ok? depends on what goes on earlier that day and such

10:18pm
Mark Daniel

no problem.

10:20pm
Carl Bennett

I had one other question based off your training days. couldn't help but notice that it's the same timing as 5/3/1. Is that what y'all running or are y'all mixed up on personal preference?

10:23pm
Mark Daniel

It is really much more complicated, based on an eclectic mix of Russian, standard periodization, West Side, and stuff picked up over the years, as well as specific adjustments for rehab people and preparing for contests.

10:24pm
Carl Bennett

I have much to learn then. Fairly new to powerlifting....the army wanted small scrawny guys....I was never much for small and scrawy.

10:26pm
Mark Daniel

spent my whole life small and scrawny (5'8", 131 in my first contest) but there are things to be done to help everybody. Our military does need to update stuff better in that dept.

10:27pm
Carl Bennett

Just so you know the canvas I deal with (and what I look like for Sunday) https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

5'7" about 231bls

10:30pm
Mark Daniel

We will work on 'fat' loss and lean muscle gain. The body weight issue is never the problem. Get you ripped up and you will be relatively 'medium' sized for powerlifting.

10:32pm
Carl Bennett

understood.been trying to de-program army thinking....trying to not be as worried about fat.....just lookign for strength and power...as I see it the fat will just fuel the muscle as I tweak the meals for it.

10:34pm
Mark Daniel

patience and education= fine. see you soon.

10:35pm
Carl Bennett

the only other matter I deal with (daily) the Army destroyed my feet. gotta wear prescribed orthopedic inserts in all shoes. Plantar fasciatis <sp> Could risk future arch problems (falling and such)

Yes, sir. See you Sunday after 6:15pm.
The Badass is offline   Reply With Quote