View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 10:47 PM   #417
BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Monster Memory Champion! Solitaire Golf SLingo Champion! Wheel Of Fortune Champion! Portal Champion! SpongeBob's Pizza Toss Champion! Bumper Cards Champion! ATV Winter Challenge Champion! NBA Spirit Champion! Torino 2006 Curling Champion! Ultimate Football Champion!
Tournaments Won: 3

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squatter View Post
The first time I ever wore the Nike Romaleos on OHP I noticed the difference immediately. My form and resistance load progressed on the spot.

I wear the shoes on every lift except Deads. I use my Chucks for deads still. Even on bench, I notice I am able to get a bit better leg/heel drive, and they keep my feet more stable and in position while I create my arch and while I bench. The shoes help all aspects of the squat, especially sitting back and of course the stability.

I think the Nike Romaleos are the best ones out there. They are not cheap of course, but worth every penny. Even when I took that Oly lifting course last year, all the lifters and the coaches agreed they are the best.

If they don't help your squat out I'll be a monkeys uncle.

As much as I love PC's, I like full cleans or squat cleans better. I found that as the weight went up, I naturally started doing full cleans. It's amazing how much heavier a 185 squat feels after cleaning it.
Damn. Something else to add to the wish list. I think you sold me on the idea. I am going to check them out. Anything to help my squat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BendtheBar View Post
Been a while since I read SS. Probably 3 years.

Strong work hombre. Have a great 2013.
I own the 2nd edition on dead tree and recently purchased the 3rd edition on kindle. I think it's worth a read even for someone with your experience. I know you have achieved some big lifts and have developed your way of doing things, but I don't think reading SS would hurt. At best you relearn or are reminded of something you've lost, at worst it gets you thinking about why you do things the way you do.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote