Squatatron
Max Brawn
Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98 Points: 27,624, Level: 98
Activity: 99% Activity: 99% Activity: 99%

Training Exp: 20 Years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Squat & Deadlift
Fav Supp: Collagen
Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!Squatter is one with Crom!

The first time I ever wore the Nike Romaleos on OHP I noticed the difference immediately. My form and resistance load progressed on the spot.

I wear the shoes on every lift except Deads. I use my Chucks for deads still. Even on bench, I notice I am able to get a bit better leg/heel drive, and they keep my feet more stable and in position while I create my arch and while I bench. The shoes help all aspects of the squat, especially sitting back and of course the stability.

I think the Nike Romaleos are the best ones out there. They are not cheap of course, but worth every penny. Even when I took that Oly lifting course last year, all the lifters and the coaches agreed they are the best.

If they don't help your squat out I'll be a monkeys uncle.

As much as I love PC's, I like full cleans or squat cleans better. I found that as the weight went up, I naturally started doing full cleans. It's amazing how much heavier a 185 squat feels after cleaning it.
Bench: 286 lbs
Deadlift: 501 lbs
Total: 1262 lbs

Gym PR's:
Squat: 495 lbs
Bench: 300 lbs
Deadlift: 520 lbs
Total: 1315 Lbs
Age 50
Squatter is offline   Reply With Quote