BigJosh
Max Brawn
Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70 Points: 11,344, Level: 70
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%

Training Exp: 7-8 years
Training Type: Fullbody
Fav Exercise: Bench Press and Curls Bro
Fav Supp: Opti-Men Multi Vit
BigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master memberBigJosh is a master member
Default 12/27/12 Cycle 8 Week 2 Power Clean and Squat

PC
105x3
120x3
135x3

Squat
240x3
275x3
310x3

20 minutes on the spin bike.

Overall Workout Grade: A

Notes:
Everything went well today.
The powercleans felt fluid and explosive with a very purposeful rack at the top.
Squats went great. The lower back was a bit tender from tweeking it last week, but not any big deal. I really focused on push my legs outward on the decent and tightening the shit out of my abs. It seemed to work well for me. The weight fell with ease. It's about damn time I get this reset rolling forward.

A few things I learned from this session:
1.) Power cleans are a great warm up for the Squat.
2.) I recently re read the chapters in Starting Strength about the Squat, power clean. Re reading it has been extremely benifical. If you haven't read it in a while, set aside some time to reread a chapter about a lift you are currently struggling with, it may remind you something that could improve the lift.
3.) I will be ok if I drop Good mornings from the program.

I am not a powerlifter nor am I a bodybuilder. I just want to be big and strong.
Quote:
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: Write that quote down
[Today 05:50 PM] BendtheBar: If I am going to be a bro, I am going to be the best
Make gains, not excuses.
BigJosh is online now   Reply With Quote