Thread: My camera sucks
View Single Post
Old 12-28-2012, 12:15 AM   #5
begota
Brawn
Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43 Points: 4,620, Level: 43
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

begota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributorbegota is a dedicated contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tannhauser View Post
I don't know much about photography, but two suggestions:

1.Is it possible to put your camera onto a high ISO setting? Most digital cameras probably adjust this automatically, but it might be worth having a little play. AN ISO of 1600, say, might reduce the blur/camera shake, though at the expense of detail and an increased graininess.

2. How are you holding the camera? I can never get indoor pics worth a damn without having the camera resting on something. One of those little bendy tripods is great, but a table or back of a sofa can help. Even leaning against something can sometimes help.
Absolutely agree with all of this. Also I crank down the amount of mega-pixels if it is too much for the sensor. Which is often the case with digital cameras in the 10-12 mega-pixel range. Low light conditions can cause big problems with digital cameras, and turning the ISO up can increase shutter speed, but because it amplifies the pixels on the sensor it also increases noise.