Davis
Max Brawn
Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41 Points: 4,207, Level: 41
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Training Exp: 1 day
Training Type: Powerlifting
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: More deadlifts
Davis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beastDavis is a lifting beast

Quote:
Questions:
Is it safe to say I am probably doing too much work that involves my lower back? And my lower back simply can not recover?
If this is the case, what should I drop? The good mornings are the obvious answer in my eyes, but will I get enough hamstring work if I don't include the GMs?
Just looking for a little bit of advice and insight. Thanks.
1. I guess that depends on your weights used and how much you can allow yourself to recover throughout the week. Personally I spent several months hammering my entire back with 531 and then my own thing based off of 531. I only began to see problems when I let my sleep and eating go down and then ultimately I got pretty sick. So, it depends on how much you can allow yourself to recover.

2. You probably will get plenty without, but I am not the most experienced lifter. I did not do power cleans very often on 531, (and if I did, I also did them after squats.) and I just did good mornings on deadlift day.

I think my 531 days went something like:

Monday: Squats, Pause Squats, Front Squats, or RDL's depending on which I wanted to focus on in that cycle. There were some where I just did Squats, pauses, and fronts.(I don't know if I'd recommend 45 minutes of squatting, but it was fun. All that mattered to me)

Wednesday: Normal bench stuff. Then plenty of upper back work.

Friday: Deadlifts, goodmornings, ab woork.

Saturday: Press, back work, press assistance, and then some arms...and more upper back work.

Running basically that, and later doing my own progression modifications on it, I saw great results over a period of almost a year. I think I ran 531 strictly for 7 or 8 months. Hopefully that is some insight for you. By your stats by your username, your lifting experience may cause you to have to do something much different, but this worked for me.
Davis is offline   Reply With Quote