Soldier
Max Brawn
Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78 Points: 14,594, Level: 78
Activity: 89% Activity: 89% Activity: 89%

Training Exp: On and off for 17 years.
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Bosu kickback pistols
Fav Supp: Crack on a trisket
Soldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master memberSoldier is a master member

I'd compare it to my other passion, golf. I always say that people can get ok even with crappy form, but they will end up hitting a wall at some point. They won't be able to progress, and when they do finally push past that plateu it will be in spite of their form, and thanks to bad techniques in which they've become proficient. As they continue to practice, their bad techniques will become bad habits, and the only way they'll ever reach their true potential is to actually go backwards and spend a long time just getting rid of the bad habits they've ingrained. Most people will never do that. They'll just stubornly push on believing that practice makes perfect.

Apply that how you will, but for me, I've found that if you focus on good form while you train, then when it comes time to push max weights you can forget about form and just move the damn weight, and your body will more or less stick to the good form you've engrained.

Did any of that make sense, lol?
Soldier is online now   Reply With Quote