View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 11:12 AM   #222
BendtheBar
Bearded Beast of Duloc
Max Brawn
Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100 Points: 1,554,481, Level: 100
Activity: 49% Activity: 49% Activity: 49%

Training Exp: 20+ years
Training Type: Powerbuilding
Fav Exercise: Deadlift
Fav Supp: Butter
BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!BendtheBar is one with Crom!

I like you're only a pound or two away from standing up with that weight.

Right before you pull the 385 you bend your arms, then start to pull. Keep an eye on that. You look like you initiate the pull with bent arms and they straighten as you yank. That's not only bad for them there biceps, but it also forces you down close to the bar, reducing leverage and power by a hair.

Lock your arms, raise your hips, sink them until that sweet spot, and pull. That's the mental check list I use.

The only other thing I noticed is that your shoulders moved forward during the pull. This is common on very hard deadlifts. To fight this, I recommend concentrating on pulling the bar back towards your body from the get go.

Once those shoulders lurch forward by an inch or two, the hips come up, it becomes hard to maintain lower back tightness, and from there it became a still leg deadlift.

Just minor things but I hope they help.

Destroy That Which Destroys You

"Let bravery be thy choice, but not bravado."

BendtheBar is offline   Reply With Quote