View Single Post
Old 12-23-2012, 10:00 AM   #6
Off Road
Max Brawn
Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83 Points: 17,091, Level: 83
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%

Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!Off Road is one with Crom!

Hope the back heals quickly.

How heavy did you start the new lift? I tend to start any new lift with really easy weights.

Did you start with a rep max? Every time Wendler has two main lifts using the 5/3/1 progression, one of the lifts is "required reps only".

Everything is individual; for me, I'd treat the Cleans as an added assistance lift. So, I'd either drop one of the one's I was already doing (GMs in this case) or limit it for a while. Throwing an extra 6 sets into a workout is a pretty big change to get used to and it may take a while. I think I would have done like Big Swede said, start really light, treat it like a warm-up exercise, and do it before the squats and deadlifts. Then as I became accustomed to the new exercise I'd start programming it with 5/3/1 required reps only. Just my 2 cents.
Off Road is offline   Reply With Quote