View Single Post
Old 02-21-2010, 04:46 PM   #1
glwanabe
Max Brawn
Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79 Points: 15,106, Level: 79
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%

glwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master memberglwanabe is a master member
Default Gymnastic strength training moves

I've mentioned that I had been using a gymnastic based strength program before I switched back over to BB training. I though I would go through a little of some of the stuff I was doing during that time.

There is a lot of info so I will add a little more to the thread over the next few days.

Welcome to Gymnastic Bodies Website

This first article covers a lot of ground as to what I got started with. Read that article and you will already have a lot of work to do.

The planche

There is no way you are going to get into the planche position for several months. It takes a lot of work to build the upper body strength to hold the position.

This move is to epitome of an upper body compound move. You will use every muscle in your upper body to do it.

A basic starting position is this move called the frog. Even this move will work you far harder than you realize. You should be able to hold this move for 1 minute.

When you can hold a frog for one minute then you can make the move harder, and go into a tuck planche.

The tuck planche is exponentially harder than the frog. As you extend your legs further out behind you, your need for greater strength should become apparant. Your bodys lever length has gotten longer, and your strength is on the wrong end of the lever.

These moves are called disadvanteged lever moves.
glwanabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links