Bigger, Stronger, BAMA!
Max Brawn
Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97 Points: 26,424, Level: 97
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%

Training Exp: 5
Training Type: ARGH!!!
Fav Exercise: Squats
Fav Supp: Deadlifts
bamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master memberbamazav is a master member
Default 12/19/2012 Dog House Training

McCallum Hybrid Training

THE WORK

NOTES
Well, I am now the proud parent of a University of Alabama Graduate. Trip went great. Good to have the entire family together, even if only for a weekend. Now to pray a job for Josh.

I was ready to get back in the Dog House. Lay offs can sometimes be depressing.

Rack Deads - Slow and steady increases. This week I increased total sets and reps, adding two reps to the top set. Will add a little weight next week.
Inclines - Not for strength building but muscle building. Focused on pecs, did hit them.
Vertical Leg Press/leg Curl superset - These were also muscle building, leg tiring in their goal. Look easy on paper, but I am glad I was already laying down when finished.
Glass OHP - Just enough shoulder work to get the breathing and heart rate up, not too much as to wear the shoulders out before the Shoulder emphasis on Friday.

Short and sweet, but right to the point. Having the boys home, meant the dog had someone else to pay attention to so I could focus entirely on the weights. Loved it! I am now thinking through my dietary goals for the upcoming year. I am glad I have taken some time to free eat, so to speak, as my metabolism needed some recovery time. I plan to start the cut down on January 1, with a slow cut down to muscle viewing size.

Meet Maxes: Gym Maxes:
Squat 308 315
Bench 176 185 This WILL change!
Deadlift 408 375

Shooting for a 1000+ total for next meet, spring/summer 2015. (see quote below)

"If there is nothing you can improve on, your standards are too low!" - BAMA Strength Coach Scott Cochran

1Co 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
bamazav is offline   Reply With Quote